Before launching any pay-per-click campaign, I do prepare a checklist. Breaking down the tasks into small segments (like, daily, weekly, monthly etc.) of checklist makes my PPC campaigns easily manageable.
I do perform more or less same PPC tasks for all projects. Obviously I have to be flexible (based on projects performance and improvement) while working on around the pay-per-click checklist.
This is a comprehensive list of task items for paid search marketers – review rigorously before and after launching any PPC campaign and act accordingly.
Daily pay per click management tasks..
- Generating automated reports
- Keyword performance
- Ad performance
- Destination URL performance
- Search term performance
Weekly pay per click management tasks..
- Ad group performance review
- Campaign performance review
- Account performance review
- Bid readjustment
- Budget reallocation
Biweekly pay per click management tasks..
- Review geographic performance
- Review demographic performance
- Review PLA ads performance
- Review dynamic search ads performance
- Review of performance based on set label
- Refine keywords list
- Refine ad copies
- Redesign landing pages
Monthly pay per click management tasks..
- Conversion optimization
- Time segmentation (day parting)
- Historical data analysis
- Add negative keywords
- Using auction insights to compare performance
Set your goal and be patient – stay focus and believe in your own ability. Just feel the essence of pay-per-click management and decorate your own custom pay-per-click tasks for achieving optimum results!