The first and foremost advantage of proper pay-per-click (PPC) management is improve the performance of paid search marketing campaigns!
Following are the four ways to manage (i.e. optimize, maintain, and improve) the pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns..
#1 Pay per click keyword management:
- Use long-tail keywords (a combination 3 and more words)
- Use negative keywords (wherever applicable)
- Scan search –term report to get the difference in between keywords and search-terms (typos may be!)
- Don’t become obsessed with competitor’s chosen one
- Use the brad match keyword with inch (or as much as possible) perfection
- Track performance data and continue with refining the list
#2 Pay per click landing page management:
- Create customized (i.e., relevancy level) pages for the ads
- Focus on lowering the bounce rate and raising the conversion rate
- Test with multiple versions (A/B or multivariate testing) before finalizing the optimized one
- Track performance data to see what serves the best
#3 Pay per click ad management:
- Use proper capitalization and avoid any typo (use only commonly known words)
- To catch user attention apply methods like, “?”, “!”, “…”, “benefit-feature” model, “arrow” model, include “CTA” and many more
- Create customized ads to meet specific user’s needs
- Try to add local flavor into the ads
- Test with multiple versions – try to figure out the relation in between surfers and buyers
#4 Pay per click bid and budget management:
- Setup a budget and accordingly place bid on keywords
- Make sure to track, record, and follow each and every pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns for making necessary re-adjustments
- Aim to create repeat customers to minimize the overhead cost per visitor
- Pay-per-click (PPC) is all about spending your money in order to get more money
Pay-per-click (PPC) campaign management summary..
Do not enter into bidding contest – focus should be on improving CTR (by providing a better service or selling a better product than competitors) which will automatically help to get the pole position!