Here I’m sharing how I reduced the bounce rate significantly for a one of my e-commerce website client.
But first some most common reasons that I’ve found (from Analytics data analysis) on that website are –
- Complex and lengthy checkout process
- Lacking trustworthiness
- Asking for too much personal info from the visitors
- Items are highly priced or at least much higher than competitors
- Too many options for the visitors
So the solutions I’ve provided to the client –
Problem #1 Complex and lengthy checkout process
- Done usability analysis based on analytics data
- Removed unnecessary elements
- Re-positioned CTAs
- Cross-checked shopping cart software functionality
Problem #2 Lacking trustworthiness
- Collected reviews and testimonials from real customers publicised through landing pages
- Advertised properly all the achievements
- Discussed with sales, support, and marketing team to fix loopholes in customer service process
Problem #3 Asking for too much personal info from the visitors
- Implemented a simpler lead capturing process
Problem #4 Items are highly priced or at least much higher than competitors
- Portrayed properly the USP of each product
Problem #5 Too many options for the visitors
- Used cookie to collect info about a visitor and used it ethically
- Offered free stuffs/referral programs tactically like free shipping or discount on bulk purchase etc.
- Removed unused/less used features from the navigation
Adequate testing/tracking required before and after making of these changes in order to identify patterns while improving the bounce rate.
The whole process took some time however everyone was about the outcome!